THE KITTEN LIFE QUESTIONNAIRE
‘What’s your favourite colour?’ A classic question asked by the kittens when meeting new people in new places. What started as an interesting way to delve into the realm of colour theory and hear the reasoning behind the personal choices nearly everyone has in regards to their preference for certain hues, developed into a lengthier list of soul-searching prompts we’re turning into a regular blog feature.
Introducing, The Kitten Life Questionnaire, which is of course inspired by the Proust Questionnaire, which was made popular by Monsieur Marcel’s intriguing answers. Originally found in a teenage “confession album” titled, “An Album to Record Thoughts, Feelings, etc.” the list of 35 questions acted as a sort of personality test to ask your friends and family, and contemplate your own answers.
We were also inspired by a 1997 study that suggests how it’s possible to determine if someone is a love match by going through a series of question and answers that delve slowly into more hard-hitting realms and help you understand the inner workings of the person answering (and vice versa).
Our 19 questions were created to cover the different facets of the kitten life. Astrological musings, colour theory, dreams, travel, sexuality, consciousness - we’re interested in what you have to say and how you perceive yourself as fitting into the world around you.
We'll be featuring various people in this ongoing blog feature to highlight artists, musicians and other talented or interesting individuals we've come across on our journey.
We hope you enjoy thinking about your answers. Send them our way, and maybe we'll feature you!
The Kitten Life Questionnaire
1. What is your present state of mind?
2. What’s your sign?
3. What is your favourite vice?
4. Puppies or kittens?
5. What is your most prized possession?
6. If you could be any plant what would you be?
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
8. What’s the first thing you would buy if you moved into a new space?
9. What is your favourite colour?
10. If you could teleport at exactly this moment, where would you go?
11. What’s your recurring dream/nightmare?
12. What piece of art has made an impression on you?
13. What’s the most romantic experience you’ve had?
14. What is the smell of sex?
15. What do you wish you could relive?
16. What is consciousness?
17. Who do you most admire?
18. What is your advice for future generations?
19. What is the meaning of life?