THE KITTEN LIFE QUESTIONNAIRE: ALFREDO CRISTINZIANO
I am so jazzed to be posting our first ever Kitten Life Questionnaire featuring insanely talented film photographer Alfredo Cristinziano. Highlighting the work of local artists was our goal, and there’s nobody I can think of who fits the bill better than Alfredo to set the tone.
I met Montreal-based film photographer Alfredo Cristinziano in the summer of 2013 when I was living in a gorgeous duplex with exposed brick walls and original hardwood - a space too beautiful not to take advantage of for a shoot. Alfredo seeks to capture on film the essence of his female muses in their “natural habitat,” highlighting her beauty, ease in the space, and unique energy.
The way Alfredo captures light hitting the female form, the curves and softness of a woman’s body, the intricate patterns, colours and uniqueness of a space, all using a much sought after camera collection, is enviable for those who know how difficult a feat this is. And he pulls it off so beautifully, so subtly, and without any trace of ego, pretension or hint of gratuitousness, and this is what elevates his work.
The Kitten Life Questionnaire
by Alfredo Cristinziano
1. What is your present state of mind?
Bored and uninspired, I probably need coffee.
2. What’s your sign?
3. What is your favourite vice?
Buying cameras or stuff I don’t really need.
4. Puppies or kittens?
I own both, but I would go for puppies. I choose cats over dogs though.
5. What is your most prized possession?
My wife and kids, if you can call that a possession.
6. If you could be any plant what would you be?
Not a plant guy, don’t know what is what, would probably go for a cactus.
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Is there such a thing? Living form my art would be a start, but there’s always something to fix right?
8. What’s the first thing you would buy if you moved into a new space?
Probably a new couch.
9. What is your favourite colour?
Black, I don’t care if it’s a colour or not.
10. If you could teleport at exactly this moment, where would you go?
Somewhere in the past to see my father.
11. What’s your recurring dream/nightmare?
Dreaming of my dad and not being able to talk to him.
12. What piece of art has made an impression on you?
There are so many in all fields, I can’t pick just one sorry.
13. What’s the most romantic experience you’ve had?
Is kissing in cars listening to Pearl Jam romantic?
14. What is the smell of sex?
Dirty, but good dirty.
15. What do you wish you could relive?
The early 90s.
16. What is consciousness?
Being able to see the real stuff.
17. Who do you most admire?
My wife for putting up with my bs.
18. What is your advice for future generations?
Find a passion and go all in, it’s never too late.
19. What is the meaning of life?
Being alive for one. To each his own meaning, it can’t be defined.